20 Ways to be a Cool in the 21st Century
No, this is not a description of me. There are many things from this list I wish I had/did. Admittedly, some of these things may seem to fit the profile of a hipster, but hipsters were just cool before the rest of us, right?
1) Get an HBO subscription and invite your friends over to watch Game of Thrones.
2) Get a Spotify premium subscription and ask your friends to make an offline playlist on it. Then listen to it in your car without using your data or having a nearby internet connection.
3) Work at a technology company.
4) Wear skinny jeans.
5) Wear collectible sneakers to work.
6) Make a prank call to your nearest University, and pretend that you’re ordering a pizza.
7) Try bringing back something that used to be fashionable, such as a monocle.
8) Read Fifty Shades of Grey.
9) Own an Apple product (yes, the headphones count).
10) Bring your own coffee mug to work.
11) Play soccer / fútbol once every four years.
12) Bring your Nintendo DS to school / work.
13) Speculate with your friends on what’s going to be the “next big thing”.
14) Have a blog where you can post regularly.
15) Brew your own green / herbal / oolong / white tea that you drink every day.
16) Call your fellow tea drinking guy friends “brewseph”.
17) Call your fellow tea drinking girl friends “sistea”.
18) Watch every single Netflix original series, especially House of Cards, just so that you can knowledgeably go on about how Netflix shows have a higher success rate of being good than mainstream programming.
19) Cancel your cable subscription because it’s not the way of the future.
20) Watch videos about conspiracy theories with your friends and then heatedly debate them.
image source: http://isabellaindiefashionista.blogspot.com/2010/12/nerd-and-cool-hipster.html